The purpose of this policy is to be transparent and describe the way that we handle your personal information.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a user who registers for a course or event on the WPHU website ( https://wphockey.org.za ) by completing the appropriate form in order to register for the services provided.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website or;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information - such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information - such as your phone number or email address;
- address information - such as your physical or postal address; or
- Sensitive personal information
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or, if you are sharing the information of another data subject, where you have their consent to do so.
Notification of changes
WPHU may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We may notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our services. If you continue to use the website and our services following notification of a change to the policy, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
WPHU is, however, under no obligation to inform the User of such changes when they happen, although it is assumed that any changes will be minor and will not fundamentally impact the User. Should the change be deemed by WPHU to be significant, we will endeavour to inform the User of these changes through whatever means we deem necessary (banner on home page, email notification etc.) in a timely manner.
Information we collect on registration
In the course of service provision to the User we may collect certain forms of information. The types of information that we may collect are detailed below:
Information you provide:
When you register for a course or event on the website by completing the appropriate form, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our service.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website. This personal information will include;
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- ID number;
- Country of Registration;
- Your gender;
- Your ethnicity;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residing province or region
We will use this personal information to fulfil your registration, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
- If you register for a course or event on the website as an individual, you must be over the age of 18.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain prior consent from your parent or legal guardian in order to register. In this case you must upload a signed consent letter from your parent or legal guardian during the registration process.
- If you register for a course or event on behalf of a group (more that 1 applicant), you must ensure that you have consent from all group applicants to provide their personal information during the registration process.
- If you register for a course or event on behalf of a group (more than 1 applicant), and there are any group applicants under the age of 18, then you must first obtain prior consent from their parent or legal guardian, in which case a signed consent letter from their parent or legal guardian must be uploaded during the registration process.
Financial information: WPHU may ask for financial information (bank account details) only if you are due a refund for any reason and you specifically request that the refund is made directly to your bank account. Such information will be treated with the utmost privacy and will not be provided to any third parties who are not agents of WPHU.
WPHU collects and records certain Log information your browser sends.
When you use WPHU, our server automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
WPHU collects certain information from your web browser, including your Internet usage information when you visit our website.
Our website may contain electronic image requests that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
When you send email or other communication to WPHU, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
WPHU may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed and who followed them, either on the website or in electronic communications. We use this information to improve the quality of our service, customised content and advertising.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any other information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- WPHU Database - upload of your personal information to the WPHU Members Database;
- marketing purposes - such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes - such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, other proposed and actual transactions; and better understand our data subjects' needs when doing so;
- legal purposes - such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
Consent to collection
WPHU collects information from the User at several different points on the Site. WPHU is the sole owner of the information collected on WPHU's website "the Site". We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Consent can be express (e.g. signing an agreement) or implied (e.g. if the User is given an opportunity to opt-out of a specific form of information sharing, but chooses not to do so, WPHU implies that the User chooses to share this information with us).
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
How information is used
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you. WPHU collects user information for the purposes described below:
- providing a service to our users, including the display of customised content and advertising;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our service;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our equipment and resources;
- developing new services.
WPHU may send the User, site and service announcement updates on an irregular basis. Users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about our service. On occasion WPHU will email newsletters to provide the User with information that we think the User will find useful, including information about new products and services. We might also contact the User by email to see if the User is interested in participating in market research regarding WPHU. We may also contact the User by email to respond to customer-service complaints that the User has submitted, to address a problem affecting the User's use of the service or to verify the User's account information if the User submits a password request. We may use your information for targeted content in certain, specified instances.
Disclosure Information sharing
- WPHU may share a User's contact information with WPHU agents, course facilitators or other registered Users for the purposes of communications relating to WPHU services. This contact information includes, but is not limited to, name, surname, email address and phone number.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may generate and disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees or agents for the purpose of providing the service that you requested to you. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure and destruction of data from internal or external threats. Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure and destruction of data from internal or external threats. We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information. Please keep your personal information accurate and up to date by accessing your account online, emailing us, by phoning us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record. During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
Transfer to another country
We endeavour to process all personal information inside of South Africa. We will only transfer data to other countries that have similar privacy laws to South Africa's, or recipients who can guarantee the protection of personal information to the same standard we must protect it. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be to the same standard as what we must protect.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us, by contacting us by phone or email and completing a verification process.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
Enquiries and contact information
- The terms "The User" and "User" are used interchangeably and refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason whatsoever.
- The terms "we" and "WPHU" are used interchangeably and refer to WPHU itself and all individuals and/or entities acting directly on behalf of WPHU.
- The term "the Site" or "website" refers to the WPHU website located at https://wphockey.org.za that is being accessed by individuals or entities.
- The terms "WPHU" and "Western Province Hockey Union" are used interchangeably.
- The term "agents" and "employees" and "facilitators" and "affiliates" are used interchangeably and refer to persons appointed by WPHU to provide the services to the user.